Impressive Custom Home Bowling Alleys
Many celebrity homes are stocked with amenities that can transform any living space into an incredible party, like restaurant-sized kitchens, wet bars, or home movie theaters. One way to ensure you’re throwing the best party in the neighborhood is with a custom home bowling lane! These famous musicians, actors, and entertainers enjoy a break from busy schedules by bowling with friends from the comfort of their multi-million dollar homes.
- Grammy Award-winner Lady Gaga recently purchased a beautiful Malibu, California home worth $24 million. The home features an underground “Batcave” that is only accessible through a secret door in the living room. The hidden lair features a wet bar, home movie theatre, and a 1960s-era, two-lane bowling alley. Wonder what Gaga’s best score is?
- Old Hollywood actor Bert Lahr, who played the Cowardly Lion in “The Wizard of Oz,” installed a bowling alley in his Beverly Hills, California mansion. The alley features a one-player lane decked out in dark wood accents, plus an antique bowling ball return system. The house is well known in Hollywood circles, and is still sought after by celebrities. It has been leased to many prominent names, passing hands from Betty Grable, to Paul McCartney, and, later, Don Johnson.
- Novelist Nicholas Sparks requested a custom two-lane bowling alley for his family home. Murrey Bowling contractors completed the job on his property in New Bern, North Carolina. Also home to Sparks’ wife and five children, the family has lots of fun bowling together on their custom lanes.
- Developer Joe Farrell has contracted many stunning homes in the Hamptons villages of New York. However, his most notable creation may be The Sandcastle, a 31,000-square foot mansion, complete with wine room, basketball court, and, of course – a sleek custom bowling alley. Farrell rents The Sandcastle to celebrities, such as Jay Z and Beyoncé.
- Eddie Murphy’s former home in Englewood, New Jersey features a charming 2-lane home bowling alley. The home also includes 11 bedrooms, 12 full baths, 4 half baths, and garage space for 7 cars – more than enough room for new owner Alicia Keys and husband Swizz Beatz, and a great place for their two young sons to master bowling!
- Even the president likes to indulge in a little bowling from time to time! Many may not know that The White House used to have a bowling alley in the West Wing, which was built as a birthday gift for President Harry S. Truman. In 1955, the bowling alley was relocated to the basement of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building where it has sat undisturbed for years. Should President Obama and his family get the itch to bowl, they can always visit a separate, one-lane bowling alley that lies under the North Portico of the White House. This was added in 1969 by then-president Richard Nixon.
Bowling is a pastime enjoyed by many; celebrities (and even the president!) are no exception. With the means to include any home amenity under the sun, some celebrities love bowling enough to have their own impressive private lanes. If you’re ready to add bowling to your daily life, and your family would like to explore building a custom bowling alley, contact Murrey Bowling at 310-532-6091.< Back