What size building will I need to build or lease?
You will need about 1,000 to 1200 square foot for each lane . A 20 lane center will require 20,000 to 24,000 square feet. The actual size will vary depending upon the kind of other services you will provide. For example, restaurant food service area, cocktail lounge area, meeting rooms, game rooms, etc.
What questions should I ask when planning a bowling center?
- What is the size of the property?
- Have you checked the location and zoning restrictions?
- How much capital is available for the project?
- Does the planned location have good business potential?
- Is this venture to be a public corporation or a private operation?
- Is the building a new one (built specifically for bowling) or an existing one to be converted into a bowling center?
- What are the operating requirements and local ordinance in regards to parking?
- Roof load must support overhead scoring monitors.
- What are local building codes?
- What are the ADA, (USA) standards?
What is the average population needed to build a bowling center?
We like to recommend 1,500 to 2,000 people per lane. This means a 10 lane center would require a minimum population of 15,000 people. A 40 lane center would require a minimum of 60,000 people.
Does MURREY contract for private residence installations of 1 or 2 bowling lanes?
Yes, Murrey accepts residential bowling installation jobs and has over 30 years of experience doing residential installations. Contact our sales department for important planning information prior to beginning construction if you are considering the installation of 1-2 bowling lanes in your residence.